We crave the Japanese curry from the authentic Japanese restaurants on the West Coast and Muracci’s in San Francisco. We have yet to find a place here in Florida. For now our taste buds do well with this easy recipe. You can find the curry mix in most Oriental markets.
Ingredients: Servings 4-5
- Instant curry cube mix
- 1 onion
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large potato – peeled and cubed
- Chicken breast – sliced thinly and pounded out
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Egg
For the Sauce:
1. Caramelize onions in a large heated pot.
2. Add 3 cups of water for one packet of curry mix.
3. Add carrots and potatoes.
4. Bring to a simmer and then add the curry mix.
5. Stir mix until completely melted and sauce becomes thick.
For the Chicken:
There is a method to frying with panko: Flour, egg, then panko.
1. Cut chicken breast into thinner parts, pounding the meat may also help to cook faster and evenly.
2. Season meat with salt and pepper.
3. Coat chicken with flour, then egg, and finally cover entirely with panko.
4. Pan fry each chicken breast until golden brown.
Serve with rice and furikake on the side. You can also substitute for any type of meat (IE – pork) as well as add any type of vegetable you wish.
If you all try this recipe let us know how it turns out!!